Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

PittSpeed Legacy Member Array JackdUp's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job everyone.

I apparently lost 15 pounds this week (215 down to 200). Didn't realize it at all. A co-worker pointed out that I looked a lot better this week. I jumped on the scale and was like HOLY SHIT, how'd that happen?!?!

Winter hibernation must be over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackdUp
    Good job everyone.

I apparently lost 15 pounds this week (215 down to 200). Didn't realize it at all. A co-worker pointed out that I looked a lot better this week. I jumped on the scale and was like HOLY SHIT, how'd that happen?!?!

Winter hibernation must be over
    dehydration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    yeah I've been injesting mass amounts of protein. .
    's???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFortySX
    wow. a thread i can finally comment on knowing that my opinion will mean something!

darkstar i want to give you all the props in the world for doing what you did! most people dont realize the time, commitment and will power it takes. im very very impressed!

if you guys have any nutrition, trainning or general fitness question feel free to ask me.

my credentials
    ISSA Certified since 08/06, i trained at the greentree sportsplex
    i also did 2 years at GNC in the mall@ robinson

Jimmy
    pm me some tips on a good deit!or post'em!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diet alone = minimal gains

exercise alone =minimal gains

exercise + diet = excellent gains

exercise burns calories, but its real bonus is raising your metabolism. Then you'll be burning a lot more calories ALL the time, even when you're not exercising. Also, eating a lot of smaller meals throughout the day > eating one or two big meals.
    Agreed. Doing my Hyungs is a pretty good workout. Plus i either walk or ride a bike. I have free weights and a bench in my basement, but dont use them much. I do enjoy working out on the heavy bag.
    Dave
    2008 Jeep Wrangler
    2008 smart fortwo
    2007 Caliber R/T AWD
    2006 Scion Xb M5
    1987 VW Cabby Wolfsburg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff95TA
    I've noticed that the past couple of years also. Then I realized that I was over 30. Lot of joint cracking on the warmup sets too.
    I know all about joint cracking during warmups. I sound like popcorn.
    Dave
    2008 Jeep Wrangler
    2008 smart fortwo
    2007 Caliber R/T AWD
    2006 Scion Xb M5
    1987 VW Cabby Wolfsburg

Sr. User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbelt
    I do enjoy working out on the heavy bag.
    x2
    02 RC51, few mods

07 G35x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on 14-1500 calories, but I didnt lose any weight that week. So it dropped me back down to 12-1300. I don't feel hungry or anything, so it seems ok.
    8grand :reloading:

Banned Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMarge
    I was on 14-1500 calories, but I didnt lose any weight that week. So it dropped me back down to 12-1300. I don't feel hungry or anything, so it seems ok.

let us know how it goes.

Sr. User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work Mikey, frickin' awesome. I have to admit I've been on steady downward spiral for around 2 years... and made a lot of talk about getting back in line for the last few months but haven't done jack or shit to actually do it. So I really respect you for doing it man! I had one of those nights last night where I just realized I gotta clean up my fuckin' act! I'm thinking it's about time to put down the bottle and go back to pickin' up the weights.

-TJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work for weight watchers and I think it's an awesome program. Unfortunatly people think it's geared towards middle age women.

So far people in this thread are going pretty well so ya'll don't need my advice Keep up the great work.
    - fellow pittspeed hottie-
    Engaged!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mp3ray
    I work for weight watchers and I think it's an awesome program. Unfortunatly people think it's geared towards middle age women.

So far people in this thread are going pretty well so ya'll don't need my advice Keep up the great work.
    Do some jumping jacks and touch your toes. I want to see the proper technique
    Snots

Banned Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjZ28
    Great work Mikey, frickin' awesome. I have to admit I've been on steady downward spiral for around 2 years... and made a lot of talk about getting back in line for the last few months but haven't done jack or shit to actually do it. So I really respect you for doing it man! I had one of those nights last night where I just realized I gotta clean up my fuckin' act! I'm thinking it's about time to put down the bottle and go back to pickin' up the weights.

-TJ

it would be totally weird if I have to start making fun of you for being fat, and you cant do the same to me.

Sr. User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be totally weird if I have to start making fun of you for being fat, and you cant do the same to me.
    About 1.5-2yrs ago I was 215, accept I had a waaaaaaaay smaller gut and my arms/shoulders/back etc. were way more built. Now I'm probably still 215, maybe more, but the muscle mass is mostly gone and the gut is back in effect. With the new job, having a steady gf etc. the time for lifting, and the motivation to do it has been tough.

-TJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tonight was pecks and tris night, man I'm wiped
    2006 F-250 XLT Powerstroke

FOR SALE 2001 Grand Prix GT L36 Topswap, NIC cam, 3.25, Headers

better get Pewter his pizza Array ShalerPunk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fluctuate between 175 and 215. I guess I should try to do something about that.
    弱肉強食

Banned Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjZ28
    About 1.5-2yrs ago I was 215, accept I had a waaaaaaaay smaller gut and my arms/shoulders/back etc. were way more built. Now I'm probably still 215, maybe more, but the muscle mass is mostly gone and the gut is back in effect. With the new job, having a steady gf etc. the time for lifting, and the motivation to do it has been tough.

-TJ
    i must admit, if I had sweet pie in healthy supply, then my motivation to lift would probably be considerably reduced.

Banned Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShalerPunk
    I fluctuate between 175 and 215. I guess I should try to do something about that.

have you tried having the semen pumped out of your ass on a daily basis instead of weekly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you tried having the semen pumped out of your ass on a daily basis instead of weekly?
    ACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!

Regular User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are doing awesome! If any of you are diabetic the Insulin Resistant diet is great or the GI diet. Sugar busters and South Beach are good ones too... I was on Sugar Busters (i'm diabetic) and lost 30 pounds in a month and a half... I look anorexic now so the nutristionist i'm working with has to adjust the foods i'm eating...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SVshine03
    You guys are doing awesome! If any of you are diabetic the Insulin Resistant diet is great or the GI diet. Sugar busters and South Beach are good ones too... I was on Sugar Busters (i'm diabetic) and lost 30 pounds in a month and a half... I look anorexic now so the nutristionist i'm working with has to adjust the foods i'm eating...
    I lost a pile of weight.... almost 2 years ago...... and everyone was worried I was sick..... I know how to get it off.... but I don't know how to stop it.... once it starts coming off.... Let me know what the nutritionist tells you...... :blue:

Sr. User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i too will try to loose 20 lbs. i normally weigh around 170lbs. This weekend I weighed in at 192. Damn this is the heaviest I've been all my life. How do I start to loose weight and not feel hungry all the time? I seem to feel the hungryiest after 10pm. WTF. So i eat 3 meals a day. lunch and 2 dinners.
    2000 GTI VR6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peterock17
    i too will try to loose 20 lbs. i normally weigh around 170lbs. This weekend I weighed in at 192. Damn this is the heaviest I've been all my life. How do I start to loose weight and not feel hungry all the time? I seem to feel the hungryiest after 10pm. WTF. So i eat 3 meals a day. lunch and 2 dinners.
    You need to make better foods choices.... not eat less. If you make better food choices you will not feel hungry.... I eat tons of Chicken, green beans and spinach salads. Stick to high fiber stuff. More fiber in your diet allows your body to process fat... not store it. I never feel hungry !!!!!! I have lost 8 pounds so far and only have 10 more to go..... I DO NOT excercise at all.

Banned Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peterock17
    I've found that Marijuana is an excellent apperite supressant. And 1320 tells me that ShalerPunk's sperm works as well.

Sr. User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that Marijuana is an excellent apperite supressant.
    yeah and crack give you the munchies. I was actually just looking into getting my doctor to prescribe me some Phentermine. Its a mild stimulant that keeps you from getting hungry and gives you a little speedy buzz.
    2000 GTI VR6

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast